20080127

Is This Art ?

The time has come. The time to make a statement. To take an action against greed and put the searchlight on the weakness that lies in our nature. I have made an installation. Or is it? Can you make art out of anything as long as you present it with a thought behind? Well I tried, here goes:

Sunday, January 27th 21:45

Picture is taken at the time of installing it. I will follow it closely and monitor any action takens on it. The ultimate thing would have been to place a webcam watching it. The place is my information pin board at the entrance.

I have a formulae in it as well - the question is whether

The sum of 3 NOK >> The risk of beeing "caught" ?

Hence I have already prepared three five-kronor pieces. If this first try should fail to attract a thief. It must be taken into consideration the time of day as well though. If someone where to enter at a time when people are supposed to be sleeping this formulae isn't really working out.

Stay tuned for more drama - more greed!

2 comments:

Fredrik said...

hehe nice, I am waiting for the result u should put a sign that sais:

The risk of beeing "caught", and u should increase the amount of money if no one takes the first 3-nok.....I think when the amount is like 10-nok is when the thief will arrive.....There can be an exception children.....

Adam said...

Ah I should indeed label it.
Or even put up a frame around it.
-That might help in the consideration of whether it is art or not. ;)

And indeed - the bets should be raised soon,
36h has passed and still no action.