20080122

The Games People Play

All the games people play now
Every night and every day now
The Games People Play - Inner Circle

-Oh indeed we do, this weekend saw me going through the whole arsenal. With focus on social gaming and quite rewarding such as well. Managed to get the ass shakin' on the dance mat, the guitar rocking on GH3 and ... ehum ... some tries on the mic on the Singstar.

This whole new take on gaming has introduced a lot of new people to the scene. And it has made it very much more availible and accepted as well I think. Gaming isn't running around headshoting people in CS in your cellar, nor is it plain flat 2D-arcade platform action รก la Super Mario. And I am quite sure I didn't see my mother play any thing else than Solitaire on PC but she has indeed tried the dance mat.

This is without even having tried the new Wii platform, based solely (?) on motion with it's new motion sensitive controller. That will have to be tried within short.

To promote this new take on gaming I cancelled my subscription to WoW (still have my characters and play time until April 4th. But still - it might be a small step for man ... but a giant leap for Dinuan) The game just isn't rewarding in any way no longer - worthy of it's own post in short. To keep the level of addiction on an even level I of course had to install my NeverWinterNights2 - Collector's Edition to not seem all too healthy.

No comments: