20080123

Falling off the Ledge

1979.04.04-2008.01.22

Heathcliff Andrew Ledger - the actor - has yesterday been found dead. I would exaggarate if I said it affected me deep in person. But I am touched and puzzled by the man's faith. And the timing - he was peaking his career with some recent blockbusters and a new one coming up, and of course this happening one month after my post on him, is quite weird.

He managed to finish his work on Batman - the Dark Knight, a movie now carrying the same sort of veil that the Crow-movie did upon Brandon Lee's tragical death. But of course, in Hollywood that will just mean more people to the white screen.

Having burried the hatchet and come to an end with my own feud for him, I actually feel quite sad to see the man go away. I am more touched and feel more closer to him now after our little beef*

I'll let Julia sum it up with what at least got me in contact with the man, her poem in 10 Thing I Hate About You
I hate the way you talk to me.
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare
I hate your big dumb combat boots.
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick - it even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh - even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around.
And the fact that you didnt call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you - not even close,
not even a little bit, not any at all.



Beef* - to have beef with someone is wanting a fight with them. A person having something against someone else or wanting an argument or a fight

/Peace


1 comment:

Wolf said...

Oh my, I didn't realize it was the guy from 10 things :o