20080409

True Romance


And I can't wait to get on the road again.
Goin' places that I've never been.

Seein' things that I may never see again

Once again Willie Nelson fronts the post. And this time the third line holds more true than ever. No offence Bruno and Värnamo

The Wanderer

Hard evidence for those doubting the autheticity

Who names their sons Bruno anyways ... no offence

And who the f* is Bruno ... well, as the sign says translated:
The Värnamo son who became
one of the world's most famous furniture designers


Sun sets over the Designhotellet

The Designhotellet that holds a lot of the furniture's made by Bruno. And the very same hotel that by a random German tourist guide was listed as one of Sweden's most seeable hotels.

Värnamo city. It feels like a time travel to the 70's, in color shape and design. With stores like "Inges El" and seen here "Café 18". But it do make Karlskoga's city center feel like a fresh breeze of modernity and hope. Gotta say that the Latte served at Stig's Café was great though and the sun shone ever so bright over the heart of the Gnosjö-region.

I met an angel

I've actually met two of them, my wonderful hostess as well. Thanks for the housing and tour.

Well ... it's colorfull

This image is just random. Taken from some sort of model at the Textilakademien where the hostess spends her days sewing, weaving and knitting.

Where to from here?

What I really love about a day trip like this is the snapshot it brings me. A day spent in a new town with someone who knows it makes me get to know it much faster. Had the same experience on my one day trip over to Helsingborg to meet Karl. I wouldn't have gotten that close to any of those places if I hadn't had some first hand information and guidance.

And yeah ... about the Romance, the True one , great film, not completely water proof story but it is 1993 and it is Quentin Tarantino, what's there not to love about it.





And speaking about snapshots. Couldn't help sharing this one taken from Växjö though

Take a seat!

1 comment:

eldhsjal said...

Fantastisk sistabild...