20080415

Infernal Sunshine on a Spotted Mind

*spoilers ahead*

If you haven't seen the movie your perception of the movie might get seriously distorted by reading this post.

Yesterday I had the privilege to take part of Mr Kaufman's movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. Featuring Mr Carrey and Miss Winslet. A movie I had long looked forward to see and hence read up a good bit on in preparation to this. And this is where it gets bad. But first:

The story - if not known - is based on a romance between said two actors. And a clinic that can erase memories of a person. Something first Winslet decides to do and after that Carrey. But to their surprise they end up meeting each other again (... or do they re-remember meeting?) and fight to erase the memories. I figure it takes the loss of someone to know what they really meant.

The preparations - as I said, I had read up a great deal about this movie in a few reviews and on imdb. This is all in all bad especially on a movie like this. And the fact that I cheated and saw it semi-asleep on my little 2.4" screen might have help blurring my experience of it.

The thing is, I would very much want to erase all my memories of the movie and see it all over on a fresh start. I will keep a note of that for the day when these clinics arise. And when I do I will find that the cheerful romance between the introvert Carrey and the extrovert Winslet is a wonderful one and one that would ache and soothe my heart at the same time.

This comes to my attention when the credits come rolling to the voice of Beck and the wonderful tune Everybody's gotta learn sometimes (originally by The Korgis) Instead I find myself listening and watching the clip over and over trying to rebuild the feel I was thinking I was about to get.

The "review" wouldn't be complete without the random quotes now, would it?

Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?
Carrey
I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind
Winslet
I could die right now. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before.
I'm just exactly where I want to be
Carrey

I guess everybody's gotta learn sometimes
everybody's gotta learn sometimes
everybody's gotta learn sometimes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I could die right now. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before.
I'm just exactly where I want to be"

Tänk om man kunde få känna så. Det har varit nära nu. Våren är verkligen här och med lite sol och fröknar så vill man inte byta ut dessa dagar :)

Adam said...

Nej lägg på lite fågelkvitter, en promenad i värmen och lite ledighet så är jag rätt nöjd så.