20071030

Lost Control

Have been looking forward to seeing this piece for a few weeks now. The reason why is simple. Anton Corbijn has been directing it and the details of the life of singer Ian Curtis has so far been unknown to me.

The movie delivers what I expect. A young man's struggle against his demons, his rise to success and fame and the downsides to that, his feeling that the more he gives of himself the higher the demands are.

The foto is beautiful and sets the atmosphere perfectly for the Manchester area / late 70's era that it is to depicture.

It has as been generally authorised, the widow's memoir of her life with Ian has been the base for the work. But Anton has also had contact with Ian's mistress Annick and the remains of the band helped with recording the soundtrack and letting him in on their memoires.

Well all in all, a great film, great music, an intruiging character is portrayed - we get in to his
epilepsy, his depressions, his love for music, his isolation.



Underground poetry typed while on the Underground in the underground.
This last few days my town has been feeling cold, so cold ...
Storstaden - en teater för en stum publik
Storstaden - en scen utan aktörer

Så många personer - så opersonligt
Så mycket ljust - så lite värme

Mörkret lägger sig över byn
En vilsen själ stirrar ut från tunnelbanefönstret
Ett hjärta står berett att ta emot dig med öppna dörrar
Storstadsisen kyler



What if you slept?
And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?
And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven
and there plucked an strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
I hope you woke up in heaven,
and that this all was just a dream.

.: You'll be missed, dear Friend :.



Quite understandably I didn't see it fit to post the experience of the fight saturday in this post. The euphoria and rush felt there don't go well in hand with today's events. I'll just leave it with a song title from Kent, explaining it in my own way.
05. Kent - Ett Tidsfördriv Att Dö För



I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world....?
Louis Armstrong

No comments: