20071001

I've got it in me ...

Well four months of preparation has now gotten me past
the finish line of my first (and last ...?) Maraton.

Unlike my Greek predecessor I didn't drop down dead
when I had laid the 42.195 meters at my feet,
but there were some times - or well the last 12 km -
when that did indeed feel like it would be the case.

I was prepared for the first 30 km and i knew I had them in me,
the time for the first lap (21 km) was going according to plan
and we passed RĂ„dhusplassen at almost two hours on the minute.
And the next 9 km was quite ok as well,
but after that it just gets indescribably tough.
My only ever 30 km run had some of the elements in it,
hips starting to strain, calfs cramping, headache setting in,
and the new experience: I started to get emotionally unstable -
all I wanted to do was just run (sorry ... take a cab) home and cry.

"You are not prepared!" - Illidan Stormrage

Now I don't wanna argue with good ol' Illidan,
but well - I was prepared for a 30 km run but not for the full 42.


And of couse - all in all I am quite happy
I went through with the lap, and the fact is that
I know now that I can go through and reach my goals.

Adam Gump signing off
Adam Hump signing on :-)

1 comment:

Fredrik said...

Gratz it must be lvl up, do u get the skill do drink alot of beer now ? when its over