20071014

Get Under My Skin

A weekend came and went.
A hometown seen and left.
A mother, a grandmother.
A sister, another one's sister.
A cousin, a friend.
A beer, ten beers.
A comeback, to come back.
A kiss, a smile


Friday held nothing special, whisky and wow.
A great meal a good night's sleep with fresh country air.

Saturday saw the comeback of adamskater,
accompanied by Johan and documented by Tine.
Was great fun to get back to something I haven't
done in well 8-10 years and still be as good (... or bad)
as I remembered I was when I last had a board
under my feet. The next session is hopefully not that far off.

Rest of the evening saw a thai-dinner,
a night out, a kiss, a smile, friends and fun.



Kent är döda - länge leve Kent

Read an article in Café with my favourite rockers.
Jag har länge varit övertygad om att folk egentligen inte lyssnar på texter. ... folk lyssnar inte på vad som sägs
Jocke Berg

That said, be it irony or not. Their new album is out tomorrow
(in stores in Norway 15th, in Sweden 17th !!! )

And their position on my pedestal was never threatened,
a band like that needs to fuck up way much worse before
I get them down from there. Name-dropping Martin Gore
as a good writer in the same interview for instance
saw them back up there before they'd even started to fall





Get Under My Skin

I want you under my skin
I want to share my secrets

I want you to see
I want you to listen

I could give you my heart
I could give you all

Just get under my skin
And don't be afraid of what hides within.
(Background: did last winter some reading on Scorpions
and found some of the descriptions to go hand in hand with my own thoughts.)
Sun in Scorpio:

For you, this lifetime revolves upon the theme of experiencing your emotional depths, and penetrating the surface of life to explore the hidden, dark, secret or taboo. What lurks in the shadows or in the inner depths of the human soul is what concerns you, and it is your task to become aware of and express what you find hidden there. What society at large may fear or repress, you are fascinated with and drawn to experience and understand.

With you it is usually all or nothing, whether you choose total celibacy or complete immersion and involvement. A really loving intimate relationship can be tremendously healing for you also, especially if you allow your partner to see who you really are, including those aspects of yourself you usually hide and consider ugly and unacceptable. Being unconditionally accepted by another may be the first step toward embracing your own "darkness", which will be a lifelong lesson for you.

No comments: