20071003

My First Love

I might be exaggerate a bit in the title,
cause I am quite sure my first love
was not a set of notes and lyrics
but rather a being of flesh and blood.

But I wold never the less want to dedicate
a post and some writing to this phenomena.

There are those, I've heard, who put their faith in deities other than this but I would rather say that Music is my Faith and Religion then.

It is a cornerstone, a comfort, a helping hand
Something who never lets you down -
Something that is always there

It can bring back a memory,
help put words on a feeling,
put a smile on stiff lips,
And it can surely channel angst

Music was my first love
and it will be my last.
Music of the future
and music of the past.

To live without my music
would be impossible to do.
In this world of troubles,
my music pulls me through.
John Miles - Music
My own playlist has seen some songs come and go,
but there are a few tracks that always brings back the same
sensation and feeling - and I use them in almost the same way
to this very day.

RATM - Settle For Nothing
Depeche Mode - Sister Of Night



I like clouds.
Not that I am an overly pessimistic person. Nor do I have an attraction to the dark sides of the mind (...well - yeah I do, but that's another story).

But I do like the perspective they bring. Without clouds in the sky there is just sky. Surely the sky is magnificent to watch,

- but give me a cloud
- let me see the depth

Just to appreciate the light even more!

.: Every silverlining has a cloud :.

No comments: