20070907

Marrow&Bone

One should always strive to surprise oneself is my motto.
Not to sure I always live by it. Did try today at least.

Checked out
http://www.detskjerioslo.no/ and found an interesting art exhibition: Signal from a modem by the Duo Marg&Bein (Marrow and Bone)

The art was mainly done with acrylic paint on canvas with
some additions of metallic pigments to add structure and depth.
In addition to this Bein (Stein) had been using a uv-fluoroscent paint
on a large canvas - making the colors turn slightly more purple
when viewn from a different angle.

There were also two installations made -
both with the purpose to show the beauty in everyday junk we see around us.

What I like about the exhibition was the fact that I had
the opportunity to actually meet and discuss the works with the two artists.
And (un)fortunately there were at the time no other visitors but me.


There were especially two works I appreciated.
(All pictures published without explicit permission)


Marg (Rune) - Mother is wathching you

The picture has a genuine warmth about it and peacefulness. Hence the title "Mother is ..." instead of it's counterpart "Big brother is ...."
It was inspired by an (apparantly) well known Norwegian motif called
"Elg i solnedgang" (Moose in sunset)

Marg - Celtic Night

This one appeal to my logical sense with the symmetries and the
use of
stencils makes it clean. In this case I suppose it is some kind of document holder.

1 comment:

Fredrik said...

Stencil is a fun technique...Something you should try :P Most fun is when u making it from your own photos try:
http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/


Did alot of stuff last year but havent done any this year....Maybe I should publish med sketchbooks online =)