20070810

Øya -07

Crowd surfing Sjøsiden stage, Justice playing

Gogol Bordello
Gupsy Punk from the US.
Well quite listenable, but nothing I'd put in the player voluntarily.

CocoRosie
Two sister doing experimental music, much like the knife
with a song resembling Björk's if you ask me

El Caco
Norwegian heavy rock/metall.
Not much to add, they do it quite ok
with a sound similar to my personal favourites in this genre
Freak Kitchen - so that ain't a bad comparison.

The two lads in Justice

Justice
This is where it peaks.
It's French. It's beat. It's melody. It's great.
Tried listening to them briefly on album but it is a
completely different act while playing live.
And the finshing set with Prodigy's Smack my bitch up
moving in to RATM's Killing in the name - well then I am sold.
This is the greatest surprise on my musical heaven this year.

Merci!

The New Young Pony Club
Hard to label, hard to comment. 80-ish chick in purple dress and
punkish haircut deliveres some 80's influenced pop.
Nothing I fell for at first listening.

Tool
Too bad I haven't listened to them more on forehand,
think that might have helped.
But the gig was technically well done.
A great laser-show (*pew* *pew*) all in all a decent finishing act.


Thanks a lot for this year Middelalderparken!

No comments: