20071212

How do I do?

Well I have walked this earth for some 27 years, I rise a good 181 cm above ground, I weigh in at a steady 78.7 kg. I know now that my blood carries some 128 g hemoglobin per liter, a bit low. My blood pressure is 130/80 mmHg, a value on the higher end of normal. My seated rest pulse was meassured in at 72 BPM, a number on the lower end, indicating or at least implying that I should be average to well fit. I will in six weeks or so know if my blood carries some disease like HIV, Hepatit B or C. I know that if it don't I'll be able to donate some 450 ml of blood @ February 25th. But should I??

Donating that amount of blood, some 8.25% of my total blood volume, will set my ability to transport oxygen to my myscles back. The volume won't be fully restored until after six weeks, hence I won't perform on a top level for 42 days - beeing able to give blood four times a year that would have me n o t living life to the max at 46% of the time. Add to that the need to sleep on the other half of the year, illness and other setbacks and the numbers won't be on my side.

Though it will apparantly help me prevent heart diseases and it will stimulate my regrowth of red blood cells - doh! If it didn't I'd be dead in ten servings to the bloodbank :).
It will also cost me a good 650 calories the equivalent of 1.5 l Coke or 1.6 kg of carrots. (Sidenote - Coke has a higher density - 1.1 kg/l, wich will actually givie us that there's more energy in a kilo of carrots than in a kilo of coke. What ever you use that conclusion to must be up to you)


Oh, and since I am matched according to this:
-81kg:
Olle N, Helsingborg
Adam H, Frontline Academy Oslo
I will have 2.3 kg to g a i n until Sunday's fight instead of having to lose
0.7 kg as i feared since I registered myself to weigh in at 78 kg.
That's why I without shame and guild at this late hour sink my teeth in to today's result from the oven - crumb-dough-pie* with pears, blackberry and cardamom


* Yes we actually call it that and it makes sense in Swedish - smuldegspaj
-the dough is crumbled over the fruit filling.





Been to the movies quite a lot lately, the ones I recall at the moment would be: Switch, Control, Beowulf, The Golden Compass and today I added American Gangster to that list.

This one is, to spread the clichées around, An epic tale - A grand saga - A stunning portrait. You've heard it before, all taglines and trailers have them but this one deliveres it. The family of such films is a small one. I count the Godfather-trilogy among them, the LOTR's of course but not quite related otherwise, Scorcese's Goodfellas isn't far off - the taglines even seen similar:
"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."

I find it to cary a great deal of credibility - all the way from detective Richie Roberts sleazy hawaii-shirt to the electric knife used to cut the Turkey.

And if all else fails - perhaps the MPAA-rating will get you back on track:
"Rated R for violence, pervasive drug content and language, nudity and sexuality."
(You should be informed though that there actually is an even stronger rating - NC 17, R = Restriced, under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian. NC17 = No one 17 and under are permitted)

This is slowly drifting out to be a gathering of anecdotes and sidetracks but to read that the hilarious movie Orgazmo has received a NC17-rating for "explicit sexual content and dialogue", but movies as the Clockwork orange and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and whatever just have R-ratings makes one wonder. MPAA

No comments: