20090526

Wanted [Comic]

I've read the comic Wanted a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to review it just yet.


"Average Joe"-type of guy finds out his dad is an infamous villain that is part of a large organization of criminals ruling the world after they had battled out all the superheros in the grand battle a decade or two ago.

This is the starting plot in a great read with quite adult content, no not that kind of adult, but explicit language and sex scenes and such. For a generation like me that is brought up on "Bamse" and "Donald Duck" it is great to see the bad guys actually beating the crap out of the good guys and so on.

The way Weslay finds this out is in many ways a parallell to what Nemo does in Matrix and in the same way I can't help but seeing how similar the character Wesley and Eminen are and even more so his "fan" Stan.

All in all you get what you expect, some twists and turns, not overly thick plot, but greatly drawn panels in a colored realistic modern way - exactly how I like my comics.

But what is more important this brings me one step closer towards unwrapping the plastic around my "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"
Mark Millar - Frank Miller ... so similar names, yet they play in different leagues.

See you next Batbloggpost, same Battime, same batchannel.

No comments: