20081124

Slightly more useful than usually

When I write these ramblings I wonder from time to time what interest these can be to anyone.
Today I'll chock and gather up some useful information I have gathered on my last week's Euro-trip that might come well in hand for random reasons.

  1. If you intend to visit Luxembourg, first get there with Ryan Air (Frankfurt Hahn) and prebook your shuttle bus at libco.com to save some 5.00 €
  2. If you are curious on what haggis taste like, it is not to bad. Quite well spiced and coarse sausage-ish feel. Basically a sheep's heart, liver and lungs boiled in its own stomach for a few hours
  3. If you ever stumble upon french cheese with white mold upon it and a smell that is ... "rich" ... that is supposed to be a good thing. Confirmed by the son of a cheese-maker from Pontagne (spelling?)
  4. Contrary to popular belier French Fries are Belgian and not French. They have at least proof that it go back to 1680. My personal proof is that both Hugo and Simon claimed it independent of each other and we saw a looooot of "Friterias" in Belgium.

No comments: