20081125

Professional

Getting up and around in the world I find out there are two professions that will have to be the ones seeing the worst in man.
First one would be doormen for bars. They have to deal with the drunk and the frustrated.
-How long do we have to stand in line
-Can I please get in, I got boobs
-Oh, I can't get in - now I have to kick your ass
Taxi-drivers. Hade the opportunity to get to ride with one in the morning rush a normal weekday in Oslo. And by lord, I'd be killing myself if I had to spend my days in traffic-stockings and exposed to less experienced driver's madness. And as if that wasn't enough, they have the infamous 4 o'lock drunken drives.


On the other hand I have been offered two jobs in the last 72 hours, none of them very formal and no guarantees given. But it is always fun to view and be shown options

First one is an old classic, met up with J. and he has gotten his PT-thing going quite good now and might be expanding towards northwest (i.e. Oslo) and would love some recruiting.
Second one is more of a wide shot. A. the Architect sent me a text saying I should gather some skills in strength calculations andc we could start up an Architect Office in Kga.

So to follow any of these two leads, education is the key. Either certify myself as a NPT and after that perhaps even as IPT (National/International Personal Trainer) at the moderate sum of 31 500 SEK for National or the bargain price 59 900 SEK for both.
OR I find a good book or ten on engineering and strength analysis for buildings and do my homework there.

OR I continue what I'am doing for another forty years and get crazy :P

1 comment:

Zarah said...

Are you satisfied with your life-situation as it is now? Or do you want a challenge, try something new and end up God-knows-where? There are many paths unwalked, try new boots and see where they take you :)